- Energy efficiency & water stewardship: Delivering 30 percent water savings and 25 percent energy savings over historic store design practices.
- Renewable energy: Powering stores by 100 percent renewable energy through investments in solar and wind projects.
- Healthy environment: Creating environments that promote wellness for associates and customers by addressing elements such as lighting, noise, air quality and temperature.
- Responsible materials: Ensuring materials and products for stores are responsibly and sustainably sourced.
- Waste diversion: Designing and operating stores to reduce waste.
- Engagement: Inspiring a culture of sustainability by empowering employees to be informed, take action and engage in sustainability issues and practices.
Do you want to demonstrate Sustainability to your customers through your retail operations? SCS is the experienced partner you need to establish and implement a retail operations plan to benchmark and communicate continuous environmental improvement to your customers and stakeholders. We’ll help you develop a tailored framework with comprehensive environmental metrics that save money and elevate awareness of your responsible business practices.
Starbucks has partnered with SCS and WWF to develop their Greener Stores initiative that will include ~10,000 retail locations in North America. SCS ensures that the Starbucks framework is independently verified to address climate change, demonstrate leadership, integrity and transparency. Through its Greener Stores framework, Starbucks projects savings of $50 million in utilities over the next 10 years.
- SCS Expertise
- Starbucks Sustainability Track Record
- Developing and supporting customized programs (For example, see Starbucks Ethical Sourcing)
- Works with you from start to finish, from consultation to implementation
- Global network of auditors
- Can work directly with all of your retail locations to clearly communicate your goals, and gather and validate evidence of conformance
- Goes beyond Tier One suppliers
- Works with software solutions provider to ensure proper data collection and reporting mechanisms are in place
- Collects the stories and data for marketing, CSR reports, or other stakeholder reporting needs
- Achieving 99 percent ethically-sourced coffee (More here)
- Innovating to reduce single-use plastic straws globally by 2020 (More here)
- Pledging $10 million to develop and help bring to market, a fully recyclable and compostable hot cup (More here)
- Establishing a 5p paper cup charge across all 950 stores in Britain to promote reusability (More here)
- Offering a discount to any customer who brings a reusable cup or tumbler to company-owned stores around the world
- Reducing packaging waste by offering cups containing 10% post-consumer fiber
- Launching the Sustainable Coffee Challenge in partnership with Conservation International at the U.N. climate negotiations in Paris (More here)
- Introducing the first U.S. Corporate Sustainability Bond to support Starbucks coffee supply chain (More here)
- Purchasing renewable energy, currently covering more than 60% of our electricity usage globally, and 100% of Starbucks company-operated stores in the U.S. & Canada (More here)
- Reducing water usage by 30% between 2008 and 2017 in company-operated stores
- Addressing food waste by donating eligible, unsold food nightly – 10 million meals to date – to local community food banks via Starbucks® FoodShare
Need more information? Fill the form and one of our representatives will get back to you shortly.